The broad objectives of the CMM/CBM Clearinghouse are:
- Non-profit and non-governmental organization with an aim to contribute to the development of CBM/CMM.
- Promote CBM/CMM industry in India.
- To be public face of CBM/CMM industry in India through its communication and outreach efforts.
- Initial point of contact for foreign & domestic investors.
- The Clearinghouse was established for an initial period of 3 years w.e.f November,2008 with partial funding (about 25%) by USEPA and major funds were provided by Coal India Ltd. (about 75%) on behalf of Ministry of Coal.
- The term of the Clearinghouse has been extended upto 2017-18.